Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Brinley



Brinley Elizabeth Kersey
5lbs 12oz
19.5 inches long
March 14, 2009
3:02 am


Well to let you all know if you already didn't. Brinley has arrived safe and sound a little early of course. She was actually born at 34 weeks and 3 days, so she was about 6 weeks early. But we are glad she is here and she is so cute!!!!

So this is what happened, on Firday night at midnight my water broke and Adam and I raced to Davis Hospital. My doctor showed up about 2hours later and did an ultrasound and said she was breech and that we were going to have to get her out and a c-section was our only answer to get her here safe. So Adam and had a little emotional moment together and I went in for the c-section. The C-Section went ok except for the fact I couldn't stop throwing up the whole time. Adam was there to support me and he did a good job. He also made the comment that he got to see a whole new side of me from Intestines, Liver, Kidneys, and Bladder. She came out and she was so cute she weighed 5 lbs 12.4 oz and was 19.5 inches long. She was rushed to the NICU and she will be there for awhile. We really don't know how long she will be there, we have to take it day by day. I was released on Tuesday morning, and I seem to be doing ok with the circumstances. We get to see her only at certain times of the day. So Adam and I are trying to balance going to the hospital, kids, and getting our lifes back together. I'll keep you all updated on her progress and if she has any changes or gets to come home I'll let you all know.



Brinley with her eyes wide open


Brinley under the Jaundice Lights, with her cute glasses!!



Brinley in her first outfit she ever got to put on!!


Brinley with her proud Aunt Megan who raced to get here in time from St. George but missed it by 2 hours but were glad she got to spend 3 days with us.


My dad gave Brinley a wonderful blessing and so we all got to go back. Jeff and Mike also helped with the blessing, Adam and I are so grateful for the wonderful blessing.

Brinley got this cute beanie from the NICU nurse and Adam and I think it was so cute we couldn't resist putting it on her.

Brinley and her mom!!!

Just a close up of Brinley!!

Brinley and her very proud Daddy!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats Mishelle!! Brinley is BEAUTIFUL and her name is actually one of my all time favorite girl names. Good pick! :) Hopefully you guys are all doing well and she will be able to come home soon. Caleb was actually born at exactly 34 weeks and 3 days as well and although we were lucky and he didn't have to spend any time in the NICU I can understand the stress of having a baby so early! Good luck with everything. She is beautiful!

Erin P.

Rylee said...

Congrats! She is adorable!!

Kira said...

she is beautiful Shell

Maria said...

Wow, Mishelle. I had heard that you had the baby early (on facebook) and I am so sorry about all of the chaos -- However, SO glad to hear that you guys are home now and doing well :) She is so flippin' cute! Congrats.

Katie said...

Congrats Mishelle! I'm so sorry that you have to go through all the stress on the NICU. I had Cameron at 32 weeks. He had to stay in the NICU for three weeks. We got him home the day before Christmas eve. I don't know how you are doing but I was a mess trying to spread myself out between him and my family at home. I choose to go to a bottle for him and that was what got him home so early. Then once I was at home with him I got him to nurse. He was on oxygen and heart/sleep apnea monitor for two months at home but it was worth it for me to be able to just be home. I also had to keep him at home and away from anyone for three months after I got him home because of RSV in UT. I hope you are doing well. I know how hard it can be. I had some days that I would just cry and other days were so good and I was just so greatful that I had a healthy baby boy. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you. She is so beautiful! Hang in there.